Another Terrible weekend for the ACC. Clearly the ACC"s mediocrity was not exaggerated after week one, in fact, it might have been understated.
The Good - Ryan Williams. David Wilson. Torrey Smith. Anthony Allen. C.J. Spiller. Russell Wilson. The 1st Half for Georgia Tech. The 2nd half for Clemson. Scott Blair's 3 FG's and a TD Pass. Riley Skinner's 2nd half. NC State and VaTech bouncing back. Boston College being 2-0.
The Bad - The 4th quarter comebacks by Maryland (vs. JMU), FSU (vs. Jacksonville State), Duke (vs. Army), and UNC (vs. UConn). Boston College RB's taking a step back. Christian Ponder not getting in the endzone.
The Ugly - UNC losing two starters for 4 weeks. Nolan Carroll's broken leg. Duke being outgained by 150 yards. Any and all things UVA. The Maryland defense outside of Alex Wujciak and Adrian Moten. Dustin Hopkins kicking game (0/1 FG's and 1/3 on XP's).
Heisman Race (2009 Season Statistics) -
1. QB Colt McCoy, Texas - 67.1% Comp. % - 654 Yards - 5 TD/2 INT - 44 Rush Yards 1 TD
2. QB Tim Tebow, Florida - 64.1% Comp. % - 425 Yards - 5 TD - 72 Rush Yards 2 TD's
3. RB Jahvid Best, Cal - 27 Carries for 281 Yards 3 Td's - 4 Catches for 42 Yards 1 TD
4. QB Case Keenum, Houston - 72.4% Comp % - 725 Yards - 7 TD/1 INT - 16 Rush Yards 2 TD's
5. QB Max Hall, BYU - 71.4% Comp % - 638 Yards - 4 TD/3INT
Really, there are 2 candidates at the moment. The next two are outside shots and Hall is just riding high off the Oklahoma win two weeks ago.
Up Next in the ACC:
Middle Tennessee State at Maryland - A revenge game for Maryland. "We owe them one" - Ralph Friedgen.
#19 Nebraska at #13 Virginia Tech - Virginia Tech needs a win to prove the ACC can compete with other power conferences.
Virginia at Southern Miss - Can UVA avoid starting 0-3? I think not.